The Show Must Go On!
Friday, September 09, 2005
A blog that touch me deep
I've been reading blogs of various ppl recently and today, as I prepare to sleep, I read the last blog of the night via my RSS feeds.

P. keeping the name hidden, was a nice girl whom I met on a TR gig. In her blog, I read about her longing for her ex bf.

I read 5 entries of hers and I couldnt help myself from shedding a tear. Deep thoughts ran through my mind.

Her words are written with elegance, the sheer emotion of hers ran though my body as if I'm the one who's experiencing it.

I lit up a cigarette and slowly puff my way, as I read her blog.

Feelings like this were not always seen within me. She still loves her ex bf, which brings me back in time to relationships that I've lost.

It's raining again.

I'm thinking of the things we did again, when it rained.

You're seated on the desk by the window and drawing on a cigarette, the ceiling fan waving the smoke out of the window. As you sit barechested and smoking, you'll strum on the guitar and hum a tune. Sometimes I'll say "Do Breakfast at Tiffany's" or "I'd like to hear something by Bob Marley". You'll give me a grin and a nod, and play my tune. Otherwise we'll be singing to tunes playing on your stereo system - The Verve, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Blur, Nirvana, The Doors, Deep Purple, Cake, Alanis Morissette. And so the afternoon passes.

We're seated on plastic chairs in the front porch, watching the water wash down the leaves of the plants. Swirls of smoke from your cigarette resting on the ashtray travel up toward the hanging lamp, get stuck momentarily under the ceiling, then dissipate with the breeze. I nestle a warm cup of cocoa in my hands while you stir your cocoa with your left hand. Sometimes we'll chat about our future together or ask after our respective friends, while sipping on our drinks. Sometimes we'll just sit and observe all that happens around us. Sometimes we'll play with the stray dog that has become an unofficial pet.

The aftermath is always what I look forward to because that's when we have our most intimate conversations. Lying on the bed and facing each other, I'm on my right while you're on your left. The plush quilt keeps us warm as we lay naked under it in the air-conditioned room. You brush my hair off my left cheek and plant a kiss on my forehead. I give you a kiss on your lips. Then I move in towards you and you embrace me in a reassuring hug. I feel protected, safe and loved.

Swish-swish. Swish-swish. Swish-swish. The windscreen wipers chant out a hypnotic rhythm as you drive us to my place for dinner in your little jeep. The speakers try their best to amplify the electro sounds of Suede or the haunting melodies of The Corrs. You're driving with your left hand on the gearstick, right hand on the wheel and right elbow propped on the window sill. I remove my feet from my sandals and put my feet up on the chair. You turn and grin to me. I look back and return the smile. We hold hands for a brief second and exchange a quick kiss on the lips. Another precious moment has just passed between us.

It's raining again.

I'm sitting here without you. I'm sitting here, only with memories of you associated with the rain.



The very entry reminds me of times where I share with my ex-partners/friends, the emotion draws too much of me, that I felt lonely once more. With no trance dishing out on my foobar, I stare upon my monitor, during this cold air-con night, I long for a sweetheart. I long for a partner.

I know it's not gonna happen. I didnt have the chance, or perhaps, I didnt create the chance for someone to enter right back into my life.

What am I doing, What am I doing.. I asked myself a couple of times as I type this down.

Sadly,
Lawrence.
posted by Lawrence Yash Lee @ Friday, September 09, 2005  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Lawrence Yash Lee
Home: Singapore
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
TagBoard

Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Show Must Go On!!


powered by Bloglet
Music Playground

Stats