The Show Must Go On!
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Outback & Backstreet Boys!
Lunch @ Outback

Last night, after meeting up with a Client @ Suntec, I was trying to contact A. for dinner, however, she didnt bring her hp out. So, it was lunch all alone.

I took a stroll from the lower section of Suntec and slowly walked all the way to Millenia Walk's Outback.

Oh I miss the times where Outbacks were half priced.

As I went in the area, I orderred a shrooms immediately. It's my favourite appertizer.

I spent a very long time contemplating on whether I should take the rib-eye or should I actually take the set lunch of Fish & Chips.

2/3 of the shrooms were emptied into my tummy and I'm already begining to feel full. However, I'm feeling a bit shy to just have an appertizer without anything else.

So Alright, the shrooms's $13.90 and the Fish & Chips were $12.90, but for lunch, if you take the meal, it's $12 for the shrooms. Haha, even the appertizer's more expensive than the set lunch.

So, there I was, enjoying my shrooms, orderred my set lunch with a swap of the coleslaw for the delicious grill veg instead. I simply love their grilled vege. The taste is fabulous, and I urge everyone to add on if possible.

When the set lunch came, I was slowly enjoying my food that it took me a damn long time to even complete 1/3 of the Fish & Chips. Hey! The fries taste damn good despite myself being full already. It's really one of those times where you wish you had the space in the tummy to just savour the whole meal.

But nevertheless, I still had a great time. I asked for celery and they gave me. They even gave me bluecheese when I asked for them. I've always been disgusted with Singapore's celeries, but the bluecheese reminded me of the food in US. Oh my oh my. They were excellent.

I ended up boxing up 1/4 of the shrooms and 2/3 of the set lunch. Signed the bill on my credit card and gave the waiter $5 cash as tips. One thing I didnt like was that the service charge's included in the bill. It's a triple plus, (+++)

Otherwise the waiter would have gotten more tips from me.

$12 + $12.90 + 10% + 5% + 1%
$5 tips = $35 for a lunch. Kinda expensive considering that I didnt have their fabulous steak.


Well, that's just the first treat of the day...
Bel called me up telling me that she could get tickets for Backstreet Boys at a really wonderful price. $100 for 2 tix which actually cost $95 per ticket.

So, I wasn't really prepared to pay for BSB, but some persuation from bel just got me to part with the $.

After work, I met up with Bel, thinking that we were at the right busstop and I checked with streetdirectory.com, bus 16 was supposed to take me from Raffles to the Indoor Stadium. Cool aight, till later, I found out that there's no bus 16 at the busstop, there's only 16M, where it's the midnight bus. Oh damn... at that point, I was feeling kinda sucky till the bus 608, orange little bus, left the door open despite no one getting on or off the bus, so.. I kinda rememberred that it shld pass by the stadium and YES! Indeed, upon asking the bus driver, bel & I hopped on.

During the ride, when I just managed to get comfortable sitting at the seats, I saw NO ONE offering their seats to this old lady. Well, since no one did so, why not me.
Hmm, the old lady showed her appreciation of my kindnees by repeatly thanking me. That made me feel so good.


Next Stop: Singapore Indoor Stadium.

We were greeted with like tons of young girls. Wow.. 30 girls to 1 guy. And I was in shirt and tie. How how how dressed could I get man. Haha.

Met Linda and her friend, who passed us the tickets, hmm, apprantly some guy won a pair of tix and decided to sell it off ebay. Linda bought it and we got it off her. Hmm, SUCKS MAN! I bought free tix.

Damn.. too bad Tang couldn't help me get tix for this show, Linda's got free tix as well too, so, we all belong to the $0 club haha.

Backstreet Boys Concert:
We were treated to different seats with Linda & friend, Bel & Myself.
the seats were kinda wrong and the numberings were also wrong, so... I just went to the front, grabbed a good seat and didnt bother bout anyone else. I could tell you that my view was def very good.

So everything was good, but the only diff is I had no cam with me, therefore you guys would have to bear with my below par pics and clips.


Nick Carter was a joke. He looked so damn fat man, I really wonder how did Paris Hilton and him got together.

The whole concert was also a joke, there were audio problems, there were dance moves problems, Nick shld have shed the fats before going on a tour, the stage was too small, cheapo setup. But CHEERS! to their songs. They were still memorising me with their stunning songs.

It was also one of the shortest concert I've been to. I just felt that other than Brian, no one actually sang with their heart, maybe a little for Nick.

They started at 8.45, ended at 10. Isnt that short? My phone even had too much memory to capture their clips.

Encore! Encore! Encore! yet only 1 more song.
On the overall, I'm dissapointed.

So.. Enjoy the pics and clips.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us










Backstreet Boys - (I'll Be) The One




Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way



Backstreet Boys - Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely



Backstreet Boys - Larger Than Life


Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me


Backstreet Boys - I'll Never Break Your Heart


Backstreet Boys - Drowning


Backstreet Boys - Incomplete


Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
posted by Lawrence Yash Lee @ Wednesday, January 25, 2006  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Lawrence Yash Lee
Home: Singapore
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
TagBoard

Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Show Must Go On!!


powered by Bloglet
Music Playground

Stats