The Show Must Go On!
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Gabriel & Dresden @ Zouk, 23/09/2006
I arrived early at Zouk this very day at 10pm for some pre drinks with a friend of mine whom I've not met for a long time. Despite the fact that I was still suffering from a hangover, G&D seems too good to be missed.

Winebar was filled with tons of people, but it was good that I had a table reserved. So there I was, with my usual dosage of Guiness Stout.


12.45am or so, I heard news that G&D started spinning, well.... "click click on the mac"

So there we were at winebar, finishing up our drinks and we started roaming into Zouk.

G&D started off pretty housey and slowly, till 3am, it was trance all the way man.

We were greeted with The Wings, which damn.. it has been a while since that track was last heard over in ASOT.

Snow Patrol's chasing cars came along right after and I WENT BESERK immediately, calling out my trance freako friends coz this track is unreleased.

I figured members bar isnt really the place for me that night. The dance floor has been yelling out my name, it's where it's home for me.

The dance floor consist of the extreme regulars in the scene, my fav G&D kaki, A of A.i was right beside me, partying hard and having a great time ID-ing the tracks. He's even got his hp wallpaper that writes,
ID? !!!!! (wtf?)

It was difficult to chat with Josh Gabriel while I'm on the dancefloor so he tried to get me up to the dj console, but right before me, there was this group of ppl who tried to sneak in and was stopped, so naturally, the bouncer had to prevent me from entering as well, but even when Josh tried to get me in again, Tony Tay prevented it. I was like WTF man.

So I didnt wanna make a big hoo-haa over it and was back partying on the floor.

Had to wait all the way to the end of the gig before I could chat with them.

Dave MIA for quite a long period of time and he came back at 5.10am for another 1/2 hr.

After the whole gig, Josh was really tired and Dave was sick, they've only touched down SG at 6pm and had only 2 hr of sleep the previous day so we couldnt really hang out after. To be frank, I was equally exhasted from all the hardcore dancing.

But it was LOVELY to see them once again even though I'll have to go back to IM instead. Hopefully the next time round, I'll be able to meet them before the gig. It'll be a lot better.


Tracks that I've managed to ID:

Gustavo Santaolalla - The Wings (Theme From Brokeback Mountain) (Gabriel & Dresden's Organized Nature Mix)
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (Topher Jones & Blake Jarrell Mix)
Markus Schulz feat Departure - Without You Near (Gabriel & Dresden Mix)
Above & Beyond - No One On Earth (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
Armin Van Buuren feat Gabriel & Dresden - Zocalo
Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel And Dresden Mix)
Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
Gabriel & Dresden feat Molly Bancroft - Tracking Treasure Down (Original Mix)




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by Lawrence Yash Lee @ Sunday, September 24, 2006  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Lawrence Yash Lee
Home: Singapore
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
TagBoard

Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Show Must Go On!!


powered by Bloglet
Music Playground

Stats