The Show Must Go On!
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Smoking Laws

* Though there is widespread legislation in US/Europe banning smoking in clubs. Singapore is considering it too.

The Law is set, while I was in NYC, they informed me that you are not allowed to smoke in restuarants or in bars/pubs/clubs. However, they dun care about that at all even thou tat's the law.

They have ash trays on every table. Moreover the security told me once I'm in, I'm free to smoke wherever I like.

But in other states, like Pennyslyvannia, Washington, Maryland, Florida, Virginia, U're basically allowed to smoke everywhere, including the dining table.

Therefore, despite Singapore's effort in banning smoking in areas like these, I doubt it would be taken seriously by the managements of clubshouses.

Take the effort they tried in banning smoking in Air Con areas. Were they successful?

HELL YEAH!

But the BIGGER GUYS refuses to comply.

Take for instance, Hotels, they themself allow smoking in the area despite various govt's attempt to ban smoking in hotels too.
But seriously, I've only know that Amara Hotel & Grand Captune have banned smoking in their hotels.

Even so, they didnt reject me when I was there at 3am smoking my way and talking to the front desk staffs.

I guess they are simply just "acting the orders out"

posted by Lawrence Yash Lee @ Wednesday, July 06, 2005  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Lawrence Yash Lee
Home: Singapore
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
TagBoard

Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Show Must Go On!!


powered by Bloglet
Music Playground

Stats